If you asked me to name the single most essential, “must have” marketing skill, I would not hesitate with my answer:

The ability to develop a good “hook.”

In my experience, closing is easy when you’re talking to the right person and have made a well thought out presentation tailored to your prospect.

What’s not easy is getting someone to sit down and listen (or read or watch) what you have to say. Every successful marketer has mastered this skill. No one teaches it better than Ann Convery.

Tags: , ,

10 Responses to “Ann Convery: The ultimate marketing secret”

1. Ben 04. Mar, 2008 at 6:13 am #

Ken, just wanted to say thanks for all the Pre-system interviews, great information! I’m really hoping to make it to the System in May.

2. John Michailidis 08. Mar, 2008 at 12:39 pm #

Hi Ken & Bettina!
    As both a system grad and monthly coaching member I’m always satisfied with the info you share, but I have to say that Ms. Convery’s message reached me at just the right moment. After listening I completely rewrote a Teeseminar intro I was working on and I look forward to her advice making a huge difference in the “stickiness” of my presentation.
    Keep the goodness coming! All the best!

3. Michael Neuendorff 09. Mar, 2008 at 4:11 pm #

I recall seeing Ann at the pre-system event last year and being very impressed with what she presented. She’s right on the money with her education and I’m really looking forward to listening to this mp3 file to see what she has to share this year. Thanks, Ken for this golden freebie!

4. Peter 21. Mar, 2008 at 9:49 am #

Thanks for the interview, very inspiring and informative
    Would love to come to your seminar
    the best
    Peter,
    marketing student, Norway

5. Donna Maher 28. Mar, 2008 at 7:54 pm #

Amazing call, Ken & Ann, I took two pages of notes, and now to put the meaty tips in action on my sites.
    I so wish I had the means to attend Ken’s System Seminar… it’s been a dream for the last four years. Maybe the next one… I shall not give up this one of my many dreams.
    Thank you both for a very engaging audio presentation that was well worth listening to.
    My best to you both,
    Donna

6. Mikaël 30. Mar, 2008 at 7:59 pm #

Ann’s picture certainly is a first hook! 🙂
    So, a good hook is about two ways to create curiosity through suspense (= not say too much upfront) and create emotion at once. Ken & Ann present the hook concept. Interesting, I would have appreciated more concrete examples. However Ann does remind us of what NOT TO DO. Informative teaser!

7. Gene Pepper 12. Apr, 2008 at 12:57 pm #

Ken,
    Great job with all your free and pertinent info. I can’t come to the System but I am a good prosect for the Homestudy course…but when I try to bring it up I get timed out. Suggestions?
    Gene Pepper

8. Cindy Kappler 14. Apr, 2008 at 9:11 am #

Hi Gene —
    Sorry you had problems accessing the Smart Beginners course. I just tested the link and it appears to be working – http://smartbeginners.com. Please let me know if you continue to have problems — cindy at thesystemseminar.com.

9. Tracey Lawton 14. Apr, 2008 at 4:14 pm #

Hi Ken and Ann
    Another great interview in this pre-system series! I enjoyed listening to Ann and she provided some great tips on creating your ‘hook’. I’m now going to re-write some materials I’ve prepared for an upcoming teleclass based on this interview!

10. Victor 26. Apr, 2008 at 10:39 am #

Ann Convery has certainly spent time on finding ways on how to ENGAGE people .
    May I add that your Pre-Seminar Series is certainly a way to engage us newbies or wannabies.
    Good practical info to be applied immediately.
    Thanks